A woman in her mid-60's has been critically burned after her dressing gown caught fire,south-west of Texas.
A woman in her mid-60's has been critically burned after her dressing gown caught fire,south-west of Texas.

Woman critically burnt after dressing gown catches fire

A WOMAN in her mid sixties has suffered critical burns to 80% of her body after her dressing gown caught fire south-west of Texas.

The Brisbane Based RACQ CareFlight flew directly to the property where local paramedics were treating the patient.

The helicopter's medical team were required to intubate the woman on scene to assist her breathing before airlifting her to the RBH burns unit for specialist treatment.

Her condition at the time of hand over at the hospital was critical but stable.


St George resident’s concerns over Surat fracking

Premium Content St George resident’s concerns over Surat fracking

A SOUTHWEST resident is worried about the effect that the Kincora project could...

Democracy sausage: Here's where to get yours

Democracy sausage: Here's where to get yours

Map shows where you can get your election democracy sausage

REPLAY: Palaszczuk v Frecklington in final debate

REPLAY: Palaszczuk v Frecklington in final debate

Annastacia Palaszczuk v Deb Frecklington in final election debate