Warning after sick find in bath toys
A mum has shared stomach-churning photos of thick black mould inside her son's bath toys - as she urged parents to throw them away.
She decided to take a closer look after reading about another child who nearly lost his eyesight by squirting himself in the eye with a dirty bath toy.
So she cut the plastic bath toys open and was "disgusted" by what she found - with dangerous mould growing inside, even though she washes them regularly.
Warning other parents, she wrote on Facebook: "Please throw these bath toys away it's disgusting - I feel sick looking at it.
RELATED: Common household item kills 3yo girl
"For those of you who saw the post I shared the other day of the little boy who accidentally squirted himself in the eye with one of his bath toys and it got really bad infected, y'all …
"I just cut my kids bath toys open and needless to say, they are all going in the trash and I will never buy another and I would suggest you all do the same!
"They say mould grows in them because they're never able to fully dry out! I've never been more disgusted in my life!!"
RELATED: Stroller recall over injury fears
After receiving some mum-shaming comments in response to the post, she later added: "**DISCLAIMER FOR ALL YOU PERFECT PARENTS**
"Yes I clean my kids toys but you cannot dry them out fully, therefore mould grows because it's wet - I'm sure y'all don't cook your kids Dino chicken nuggets either."
This article originally appeared on The Sun and was reproduced with permission
Originally published as Warning after sick find in bath toys