The 9 stories you might have missed this week
IT’S been a big week around the region, and there’s some big news you might have missed.
Catch up on these 9 news items:
1. The 54 people who appeared in the Roma Magistrates Court this week
2. A birthday game of pool quickly escalated into a brawl when Andrew Landers threw punches at a fellow Zone reveller last month.
3. A Cunnamulla grazier is putting his heart on his sleeve, in hopes of finding love on the small screen.
Alex Taylor, referred to as Farmer Alex, the 28-year-old sheep and cattle man has entered the revived dating show Farmer Wants a Wife.
4. An entire congregation has abandoned its church after the country voted to legalise same-sex marriage and the Uniting Church followed suit.
5. Flying above the Big Rig Parklands on a zip line at thrilling speeds was always a pipedream for councillor Puddy Chandler and her tourism team, but their grands plans for Roma’s premier tourist attraction have been scaled back, due to ballooning costs of the project.
6. A woman who used the self serve checkout to assist with an act of dishonesty has faced up to her actions in court.
7. After her partner was found with a small bag containing 7g of methylamphetamine between his buttocks, Larissa O’Brien did not hesitate to claim the drugs as her own.
8. An industrial drill boring into the ground on Jackson St will secure Roma’s water supply for the summer and into the future.
9. A man who had good intentions to protect his friend did everything in his power to resist arrest by police.