The 25 things emergency staff pulled out of noses last year
LEGO is an amazing toy, but it is also the object staff at the Sunshine Coast Emergency Departments had to retrieve out of almost every orifice last year.
The Sunshine Coast Hospital and Health Service provided a list of the objects emergency doctors and nurses had to retrieve out of patients noses, mouths and ears in the 12 months from September 2015 to August.
And its amazing what can fit in those tiny little spaces.
One person even managed to insert a marble into his or her ear.
Another, for some bizarre reason, stuck garlic in their ear canal and ended up in emergency. Blue tac and a "stick" have also found a way in there.
We've also eaten weird things, like charcoal, "assorted toys" and a AAA battery.
But it is what people have successfully shoved up their nose and then needed help getting out that is the most alarming.
Here's the list:
Inserted in the nostril:
Inserted in the ear:
Key/ Skeleton Key
Nylon Pom Pom
Metal Nut (off bolt)