Snake rescued from wall cavity after electric shock

A SUNSHINE Coast man has been told he was lucky he was home when a snake in his wall received an electric shock or his house might have burned down. 

The man saw smoke coming out of an electrical socket and smelled something burning. 

What he found behind the power point was an injured carpet python. 

Ritchie Gilbert, from Sunshine Coast Snake Catchers 24/7 had to cut holes in the walls to extract the burned snake, before taking it to Australia Zoo for some medical attention. 


Gofundme page set up in honour of fatal car crash victim

Premium Content Gofundme page set up in honour of fatal car crash victim

The 31-year-old man was killed in a car crash near Cecil Plains.

Qld records three new COVID-19 cases

Qld records three new COVID-19 cases

Queensland records three new cases of coronavirus

Repeat traffic offender disqualified after crossing Charleville street

Premium Content Repeat traffic offender disqualified after crossing Charleville...

A MAN thought he could ride his dirt bike along the dirt strips of local...