REVEALED: Plans for Christmas events/activities across Maranoa
CHRISTMAS is here and it’s time to spread some Christmas cheer with council’s My Maranoa Christmas 2020 campaign.
Activities and community sponsored events will take place across the region despite restrictions imposed by COVID-19.
Council will not host the traditional My Maranoa Street Christmas Party, instead a number of COVID-Safe Christmas activities will be held throughout the region, including...
- Roving Santa with photo opportunities
- Live Christmas music performance
- Colouring-in competition, with entries to be displayed in art galleries and libraries across the region
- Christmas movie screenings
- Community Christmas Luncheon
- Christmas hamper drive.
Additionally, council has sponsored a total of $7,500 to 15 local community associations to
support their annual Christmas celebrations this year.
With a year like no other, there’s no better time to spread some Christmas cheer and say Merry Christmas to everyone that’s near.
Further information about these activities will be released soon, stay tuned!