UPDATE: Woman in her 90s hit by car, taken to hospital
UPDATE, 3.40PM: A woman in her 90s was hit by a vehicle in the IGA supermarket in Dee St, Mount Morgan.
A Queensland Police Service spokesperson said the woman suffered a knee abrasion as a result of the low-speed impact.
"We did take her to the hospital for precautionary assessment," the spokesperson said.
EARLIER: WHAT WE KNOW:
- A pedestrian was struck by a vehicle on Caroline St near the Upper Dawson Rd intersection in Allenstown.
- The woman, in her 70s, was initially reported as being unconscious
- The vehicle that struck the woman has fled the scene, which was in a carpark behind Woolworths
- The woman is now conscious and has sustained minor injuries
- It is expected the woman will be transported to hospital
- Emergency services responding to second person hit by car.
- Second incident is in Mount Morgan outside IGA
UPDATE 2.05PM: Emergency services are responding to a second person hit by a vehicle in the region.
Reports indicate this incident is outside the IGA supermarket in Dee St, Mount Morgan.
No other details are available.
UPDATE 12.10pm: REPORTS indicate a car that hit a woman in a carpark in south Rockhampton has fled the scene.
It is believed a woman in her 70s was struck by a vehicle in the carpark behind Woolworths in Allenstown this morning and was unconscious for a period of time.
Reports indicate she is now conscious and has received minor injuries.
11.55AM: A WOMAN in her 70s has been struck by a vehicle in a shopping centre car park in south Rockhampton.
Emergency crews are responding to the incident at the back of the Woolworths store on the corner to Caroline St and Upper Dawson Rd.
No further details are available yet.
11.45am: EMERGENCY services are responding to reports of a pedestrian hit by a vehicle in south Rockhampton.
Reports indicate the accident occurred in Caroline St, Allenston, near Upper Dawson Rd.
It is unknown what injuries have been sustained.