Overnight falls, more rain on the way for southwest
START searching for those long-lost umbrellas, because showers are on the way in our neck of the woods.
Some towns around the region have already received rain totals, with Roma topping the list at 8.2mm as of 9am.
Injune was close behind, netting 7mm in town overnight, while Blackall totalled 6mm, Tambo 1mm, and Charleville just 0.2mm.
While the rain totals for Friday aren't likely to match any of the impressive falls from earlier this month, parts of the Maranoa and Warrego, Central West, and Channel Country will at least get another drink.
Areas around Charleville, Roma and St George have a 30 to 60 per cent chance of rain over the next two days,
Meanwhile in the Blackall-Tambo district, more severe storms could bring the larger totals- they have a 50 to 70 per cent chance of rain over the next three days.
Meteorologist from the Bureau of Meteorology, Harry Clark, told The Western Star while the rain will be a positive, some will certainly get more than others.
"There is a slight chance of rain today, which will improve moving in to tomorrow," he said.
"Those showers and storms will start rolling through from this afternoon, as there are already some storms in he northeast of the district, and further into the central highlands.
"But it is important to bear in mind that we are not looking at huge widespread totals - given the currently humidity, we could see isolated totals of between 20 and 30mm, while most places should see between 1 and 5mm."
Forecast for the rest of Thursday
• Maranoa and Warrego: Partly cloudy, medium chance of showers. Chance of a thunderstorm during this afternoon and evening, possibly severe.
• Channel Country: Partly cloudy, medium chance of showers in the northeast and a slight chance elsewhere. Chance of a thunderstorms during this afternoon and evening, possibly severe.
• Central West: Partly cloudy, medium chance of showers. Chance of a thunderstorm from late this morning, possibly severe.
Forecast for Friday
• Maranoa and Warrego: Partly cloudy, areas of raised dust in the southwest in the morning. Medium chance of showers from the late morning, and chance of a thunderstorm with possible heavy falls in the east in the afternoon and evening.
• Channel Country: Mostly sunny, medium chance of showers in the north, most likely in the morning, along with areas of raised dust. Chance of a thunderstorm.
• Central West: Medium chance of showers and a thunderstorm with possible heavy falls in the afternoon and evening.