One in hospital for smoke inhalation

A person is in hospital after suffering smoke inhalation from a shed fire at Eastern Heights overnight.

Emergency crews were called to the private residence shortly after 2am this morning.

Firefighters located and extinguished a small fire in the back of the shed at the Vivian St address.

The patient received treatment on site before being transported to Ipswich Hospital in a stable condition.


What it takes to get from Charleville to the United Nations

Premium Content What it takes to get from Charleville to the United Nations

HERE is how a young Kamilaroi/Kooma girl from Charleville and Toowoomba became one...

How Olympics could slip through our fingers

Premium Content How Olympics could slip through our fingers

“Our battle-worn state needs the job bonanza that would come."

Two major Maranoa organisations merge in ‘monumental’ move

Premium Content Two major Maranoa organisations merge in ‘monumental’ move

TWO of the most powerful organisations in the Maranoa have amalgamated together in...