Scenes from the Maroochydore mosque protest last year.
Scenes from the Maroochydore mosque protest last year.

Mosque opposition flares up as 64-year-old man charged

POLICE have issued a 64-year-old Yaroomba man with a notice to appear in court after he was charged with trespass following an incident at the Maroochydore mosque site in Church St.

Police allege the man trespassed onto the site, the centre of much controversy between different community groups, and posted A4 pieces of paper displaying offensive slurs on the building at about 1.45pm yesterday.

The man is expected to appear at the Maroochydore Magistrates Court on August 26.

RELATED: Fight rages on as Maroochydore 'mosque' pushes ahead

JIMMY BARNES: Stop using my music to protest Islam

 

 


Bushfire continues in Carnarvon

Bushfire continues in Carnarvon

A fire in Carnarvon National Park has been burning since Sunday

Dumping policy is sensible move, says Littleproud

Dumping policy is sensible move, says Littleproud

David Littleproud praised the National Energy Guarantee dumping.

Local Partners