More rain on the way for the southwest
THOSE in the Maranoa and Warrego are being warned to brace for damaging winds, as the Bureau of Meteorology predicts another storm to roll through the region this afternoon.
Severe thunderstorms are developing over the eastern Warrego district, and are moving eastwards.
They are likely to produce damaging winds over warning area over the next several hours.
Locations which may be affected include Mitchell, Roma, Injune, Surat, Bollon, Hebel, St George, Dirranbandi, Goondiwindi and Mungindi.
Queensland Fire and Emergency Services advises that people should:
- Move your car under cover or away from trees.
- Secure loose outdoor items.
- Seek shelter, preferably indoors and never under trees.
- Avoid using the telephone during a thunderstorm.
- Beware of fallen trees and powerlines.
- For emergency assistance contact the SES on 132 500.
The next warning is due to be issued by 5:25pm.
Warnings are also available through TV and Radio broadcasts, the Bureau’s website at www.bom.gov.au or call 1300 659 210.