PATIENTS and visitors alike are set to benefit as free Wi-Fi rolls out across the southwest this week.
The new service is set to help patients feel better connected during their time in South West Hospital and Health Service facilities.
Chief executive Linda Patat said the new service was integral to delivering on a strategic goal of investing in technology that supported personal care and innovation.
"It is one of the core levers to address health disparities experienced by our communities when it comes to access, health literacy and delivering patient driven care.”
Ms Patat said the free Wi-Fi-enabled facilities would allow users to connect instantly with family and friends, enjoy a host of entertainment, and even do such everyday tasks as paying bills or catching up on work.
"We know that hospitals can sometimes be a long experience and being able to connect for free to the outside world will mean a lot to our patients,” she said.
"It will also be useful for their visitors, who often spend long hours in hospital supporting their loved one.”
Free Wi-Fi is now available at:
- Augathella, Dirranbandi, Injune, Mitchell, Mungindi, Quilpie and Surat Multipurpose Health Services
- Bollon, Morven and Wallumbilla Community Clinics
- Charleville, Cunnamulla and Roma Hospitals
- Chaleville Primary Health Centre
- Roma District Wide Office
- Roma Community and Allied Health Services
- St George Dental
- St George Hospital