POLICE have a "very strong" case against a Victorian man charged over an alleged Darling Downs marijuana bust last month.
Brisbane Supreme Court Justice David Boddice made the observation before allowing Kujtim Dardha more time to resubmit a bail application.
Mr Dardha, from Mill Park in Victoria, is charged with a range of offences regarding the alleged interstate transportation and supply of marijuana in November.
The court on Monday heard police found 12kg of marijuana broken into 26 vacuum-sealed packages in the 58-year-old's car on November 21 when it was stopped on the Cunningham Hwy in the Warwick area.
The court also heard it could take 14-18 months for the case to proceed through the Toowoomba District Court and Mr Dardha did not have enough money to live in Queensland as part of a bail undertaking.
Justice Boddice said where Mr Dardha lived was irrelevant because it was unlikely to influence the court's decision.
He said Mr Dardha was a high risk of re-offending.
"This is a man who's got previous history for production for which he served two years imprisonment in 2012," Justice Boddice said.
"Within 12 months of that term having expired, he's alleged to have engaged in the interstate possession and supply of a substantial quantity of cannabis.
"My preliminary view of the present material is that he represents an unacceptable risk of re-offending and there aren't conditions that could be imposed that would satisfy me that risk of re-offending was acceptable."
Warwick Magistrates Court rejected his initial application for bail.
The next hearing has been adjourned to a date to be fixed.
- APN NEWSDESK
Update your news preferences and get the latest news delivered to your inbox.