JJ Abrams' Star Wars regret

JJ Abrams regrets his decision not to direct further 'Star Wars' sequels.

The 49-year-old filmmaker has won critical and commercial acclaim for directing 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' and according to his friend, Greg Grunberg, JJ is sorry he passed off duties for the next two sequels to Rian Johnson and Colin Trevorrow.

Greg, who plays X-Wing pilot Snap Wexley in 'Star Wars', the Washington Post: "He read [the next script] and said something he never, ever says. He said, 'It's so good, I wish I were making it.' He may have said something one time on 'Lost' with Damon [Lindelof], but I never hear him express regret like that."

Despite his regret at passing off directing duties, JJ remains on board as executive producer.

Meanwhile, 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' has become the fastest film to earn $1 billion at the box office.

The hit sci-fi film - which raked in an estimated $517 million on its opening weekend - rocketed to the staggering amount in just 12 days, with Walt Disney Co. confirming the sequel reached the milestone over the festive holiday weekend.

What's more, the space opera has yet to come out in China - ranked as the world's second-largest movie market - and will not open in the Far East country until January 9.


NAMED: Case of man accused of child porn delayed

Premium Content NAMED: Case of man accused of child porn delayed

“This matter has been around in excess of 12-months..."

Livestock transporters set to celebrate 40 years in Roma

Premium Content Livestock transporters set to celebrate 40 years in Roma

Members of the Livestock and Rural Transporters Association of Queensland will meet...

Thousands up for grabs at upcoming Roma Picnic Races

Premium Content Thousands up for grabs at upcoming Roma Picnic Races

After a pandemic-induced hiatus last year, the Inky & Moss Fashions on the...