Hubby accused of putting nude photos of wife online
THE estranged wife of a Gladstone man has accused him of posting nude and sexual photos of her on the World Wide Web.
The 39-year-old man has denied a series of allegations in which police say he also stalked his wife at her working place.
Following his arrest the man made an bail application before a Gladstone magistrate, saying he would live away from Gladstone and not have any contact with her.
The man appeared in custody charged with three new counts of contravening the DV orders.
The couple had been together for more than a decade.
Prosecutor Sgt Barry Stevens said police opposed bail as the man already had 10 convictions for breaches against court-imposed Domestic Violence Orders.
Sgt Stevens told magistrate Richard Lehmann the man had previously received suspended jail sentences and been put on probation but was now alleged to have reoffended.
"In April he was convicted of four counts of breaching DVO's and given eight months jail, wholly suspended," he said.
"It is also disturbing the way he is stalking her. Police have little confidence that he will not commit further offences."
In police facts put before the court the man is accused of going online last month and setting up a Tumblr account using his wife's details and uploading naked and sexual photos of her.
His wife told police he was the only person who had possession of the images.
He is also accused of sending abusive Facebook messages to her on May 22, and of coming to her workplace but being refused entry by the boss.
She told police that when she was being taken to her car by security her husband was seen nearby sitting in a parked car.
Defence lawyer Jun Pepito said the man denies the Facebook allegations; he had been 'blocked' by her.
He was also suffering depression and if bail was granted would receive medical treatment on the Sunshine Coast.
Mr Lehmann refused the bail application saying the Crown case appeared to be strong and jail was within range for the offences if proven.
Noting the proven DVO breaches, Mr Lehmann said the only reasonable conclusion was that he would be an unacceptable risk.
The case was adjourned.