Girl gets shocked by lightning while sheltering in loos

A 17-YEAR-OLD girl got an electric shock after taking shelter in public toilets on Charlton Esplanade, Scarness on Friday night.

A Queensland Ambulance Service spokesman said the girl was near a metal sink when she felt the shock about 7.30pm.

It is believed the shock came from a bolt of lightning hitting the ground.

He said she had tingling sensations and was taken to hospital.

The girl had taken cover in the public toilets in Scarness and was waiting for the storm to blow over.

She was taken to Hervey Bay Hospital and was in a stable condition.


Ex-rugby league player sentenced for abusing partner

Premium Content Ex-rugby league player sentenced for abusing partner

A SOUTHWEST man and former top-level rugby league footballer has fronted court for...

‘I’d like to shine a positive light on my recent experience’ at Pinaroo

Premium Content ‘I’d like to shine a positive light on my recent experience’ at...

LETTER TO THE EDITOR: ‘It is such a comfort to my brothers and I that our mother is...

Roma man pleads with magistrate to release him from prison

Premium Content Roma man pleads with magistrate to release him from prison

A ROMA man who is currently serving prison time has pleaded with a magistrate to...