A young family of seven have lost everything in a horrific blaze that gutted their Charleville home. Pic: Contributed
A young family of seven have lost everything in a horrific blaze that gutted their Charleville home. Pic: Contributed

Firefighters conclude devastating Charleville fire investigation

Fire investigators have finished their assessment of a major house fire on Edward St in Charleville, and have come back with a possible cause.

The inferno that gutted the address after 10.22pm on January 20, is believed to be caused by a probable electrical fault, a Queensland Fire and Emergency Services spokesman said.

QFES told the Western Times that the spark could have originated in the ceiling, although there was not 100 per cent certainty about the conclusions.

The spokesperson said hot spots on the roof flared up again the next day at 7.15am, but QFES were able to dampen them.

The tragic blaze left 27-year-old mum Kyrstie Lea Payne and her six children without a home, but thankfully they all escaped without injury.

READ MORE: Charleville mum of six’s heartbreak

One of the kids, aged seven, was playing video games at the time but woke his family up after spotting the early signs of the fire.

The Department of Housing has given the large family a place to stay while they find a new residence.

Charleville Western Times

What got our Olympic bid over the line

Premium Content What got our Olympic bid over the line

What got our 2032 Olympic Games bid over the line

Shell slammed over execution of ‘brutal’ mass sacking

Premium Content Shell slammed over execution of ‘brutal’ mass sacking

Hundreds of solar farm workers found out by text

ROBBERY: Maranoa servo held up by masked men with machete

Premium Content ROBBERY: Maranoa servo held up by masked men with machete

Police are responding to reports a Warrego Highway service station may have been...