CHRIS Brown will not be charged for allegedly attacking a man in Las Vegas.
The 'Loyal' hitmaker was accused of punching a man during a basketball game at the Palms Casino Resort in the early hours of Monday morning (04.05.15), but law enforcement have dropped the battery case after the man withdrew his complaint against the singer.
In a statement on Tuesday (05.05.15), police said: "The victim alleging that he was battered by recording artist Chris Brown has told LVMPD detectives that he no longer wants to go forward with criminal charges."
The alleged victim, who reportedly sought treatment at a nearby hospital after the incident, previously claimed Chris, who coincidentally also celebrated his 26th birthday on Tuesday, and another man punched him after they got into a verbal argument on the court.
Police were subsequently called to the scene, but they could not locate Chris.
A spokesperson for the R&B star previously insisted he was innocent, but admitted another man "was removed" from the basketball court.
In a statement, his publicist Nicole Perna said: "Chris is currently in Las Vegas as he is performing at Drai's on May 5th and receiving a Key to the Strip that day as well. He has a suite at the hotel that has a basketball court and invited friends to come play. An unruly individual showed up uninvited and was removed from the premises. Chris was not in an altercation with this person."
Update your news preferences and get the latest news delivered to your inbox.