EMERGENCY services were called to a Glenvale home after reports that a child had started a fire in a bedroom cupboard. 

A Queensland Fire and Emergency Services spokeswoman said the crews arrived at the Balonne Rd address about 8pm. 

"The fire was extinguished upon arrival," she said. 

"We ventilated the area and made the scene safe."  

Paramedics transported a 49-year-old man to the Toowoomba Hospital with minor burns on his hand. 

They also treated five people for smoke inhalation. 


Pop-up testing clinics for COVID-19 come to Southwest

Premium Content Pop-up testing clinics for COVID-19 come to Southwest

SEE where you can get tested for COVID-19 in the southwest HERE:

Littleproud delivers a hit back at Australia Post claims

Premium Content Littleproud delivers a hit back at Australia Post claims

THE Maranoa MP blasted Australia Post for ‘corporate spin’ as he takes aim at new...

South Burnett border crossing couple in quarantine

Premium Content South Burnett border crossing couple in quarantine

Two people in the South Burnett have been charged