10 of your tributes to three killed in crash
WHEN the NewsMail asked our readers to share their tributes to three young men killed in a high speed crash on Saturday, we were overwhelmed with the response.
Chris Holmes, Leith Wakeham and Simon Prideaux lost their lives when the car they were travelling in hit a tree at Bucca.
We've included 10 tributes from those who knew them and those who feel for the families involved.
- Gin Gin is a small town. These blokes were my mates, my brother's mates, my family's mates. They made an impact on a lot of people's lives and they will never, ever be forgotten. Rest In peace fellas.
- I'm a bar maid at the South Kolan Hotel and have spent countless hours having fun, joking around and sometimes even lecturing Simo after a big night and waiting for the boys to finish a hopeless 45 minute game of pool hahaha, but not only at work, on the rare occasion where I have got to enjoy myself away from the hotel with these guys as well. He was honestly one of the most polite easy going blokes around and it is heartbreaking to have lost such a sweet patron and over the years I'm proud to call him a friend. All of the "Bucca boys" are always such a good funny bunch to have around, we as a community cherish them all and can hear them before we see them hahaha always leaving a trail of laughter. I Feel for you boys (you all know who you are) so much the brotherhood and bond that you all have is priceless. I'm absolutely certain Simo is up there enjoying a filthy can of VB! So cheers to a top mate you will be greatly missed buddy!
- The most genuine warmhearted caring soul you'll meet. He would have given a stranger the shirt off his back. Simon only had one blood sibling but so many mates that called him family. He always seen the bright side of life and had a contagious laugh that made you laugh with him. I'm going to miss to miss you simo until we meet again.
- Growing up in Gin Gin meant you knew everyone. And it doesn't matter what the circumstances are - these boys are now gone. A part of my high school, the years after and the random nights Leith and my brother and their boys would turn up to eat me out of house and home, give me attitude and the best memories I could ask for - are never going to be the same when i think about it. Leith's smiling face is all I see when I close my eyes. His love for life and people around him was contagious, if you weren't a larrikin they could make you one. Forever missing you squishy.
- Most of my footy years I played footy with Chris and knew Leith through mates from when he was like 13 rip boys you,ll be missed gone to soon my heart goes to their whole family's
- RIP Leith, Chris and Simon, so very heartbreaking I feel for your families and friends right now sending big hugs. I remember Leith as a teenager riding around with the boys - always polite. Fly high boys, may you all rest in peace.
- Truly tragic. I know Leith through my brother. He was my brother's best mate. My heart goes out to all the families. RIP.
- I know for sure Leafy, Chris and Simon won't be forgotten. It doesn't seem real, and I just wish I could hang out with Leafy one last time, he was such a character, made everyone smile. My heart goes out to their loved ones.
- We will never forget all the smiles and laughs we had. All the happiness and joy you brought to everyone's lives. Yous were amazing, funny and always saw the fun in things. You'll never ever be forgotten! Rest in peace FiFi, Chris and Simon.
- RIP Fifi, Chris and Simon also were the ones for joking around and looking for a bit of fun. Gone but never forgotten.