A COMMERCIAL toaster was the cause of a huge fire that gutted a kitchen and dining building at a Santos-leased workers camp outside Injune.
The blaze began in the early hours of Friday morning at the campsite at Duck Creek, where hundreds of Murphy Pipe and Civil workers had to be evacuated.
ESS staff members attempted to extinguish the fire, however the flames took hold of the structure within minutes.
While quick work from camp staff prevented any casualties, QFES Auxiliary crews from Injune and Roma could not save the building.
No other surrounding buildings were affected by the flames.
QFES Area commander Paul Kelly praised the efforts of staff for evacuating everyone in a timely manner.
"No one was injured, thanks to the quick actions of the staff and quick actions of the Fire and Rescue," Mr Kelly said.
"The damage was basically confined to the kitchen complex."
Mr Kelly said the incident was a reminder to check electrical goods, especially during the colder months.
"The QFES would like to remind everyone to ensure any appliance that generates heat should be located a safe distance away from any flammable materials when the appliance is being operated," he said.
"Room heaters should not be used to dry clothing or other items.
"All electrical heaters should be checked by a qualified person prior to use if they have been in storage."
The building was owned by Ozco, with Santos using the camp for its GLNG projects.
Update your news preferences and get the latest news delivered to your inbox.